OGIM offers long duration courses (from 300 to 600 hours extended over 4 to 10 months) in the field of petroleum. These courses are meant for engineers, holders of master degrees, senior technicians and high school graduates. Some candidates are sponsored by petroleum companies and other institutions which cover their training fees, in particular candidates from African countries. Other candidates are sponsored by their countries’ ministries of energy.
Long duration courses are delivered in English or French. Training courses taught in English are imperatively preceded by an English language placement test followed by an intensive 180-hour English language course. Students may ultimately choose to take the official TOEIC Test. A minimum language proficiency level is a requirement for admission.
Furthermore, a language proficiency test in French maybe required.
Long duration courses take place mainly in Monastir. However, some courses, particularly training for petroleum operators, are delivered in Tataouine in partnership with the Tunisian Petroleum Institute (TPI).
Types of training Programs:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Drilling Engineering and Operations
- Petroleum Senior Technician
- Petroleum Production Operator
- Petroleum Field Operator (French courses)
Application and procedures:
Subscription applications can be filled online on OGIM’s website (Long programs registration) or submitted directly at OGIM’s head office in Monastir. The applicant is required to provide a certified copy of the latest degree along with a detailed CV (mandatory for engineers).
Shortlisted candidates will be notified and are invited to take the language placement test. Candidates, especially those living abroad, who show proof of recent language proficiency certificates, are exempted from taking the test.
Retained candidates should provide:
- Two certified true copies of their latest diploma as well as a certified true copy of their High School Diploma (baccalauréat).
- A copy of their ID card or of the passport for Non-Tunisians.
- A curriculum vitae CV (mandatory for engineers).
- Two recent ID photos.
- An information form to be completed by candidate.
- A Training agreement (provided by OGIM) to be signed by candidate.